Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa !!



A picture is worth a thousand words - so true !!!!

On 10th March, 2008 - Grandpa (aka Dadu aka Dada Ji aka Bade Papa) turned 69. It's the first of his many birthdays which he celebrated with me. We had great fun celebrating his birthday this year and I hope it's no different each year.

Daddy brought a delicious cake and some tasty food which we all enjoyed. As has become the custom in our family for all birthday celebrations, Daddy just puts cake all over my face :). I don't mind it as I lick it all off and it tastes amazing :)

Grandpa says that he's now in the 2nd innings of his life and I've given him a new lease of life. He's fought illness for a long time with a lot of determination and courage. Life has been full of ups and downs but by god's grace, he's doing very well now and enjyoing retired life primarily playing with me :)

He calls me Vini, Vanu Singh and a bunch of other really cute names. He's waiting for the time till I'm old enough to accompany him to the near by park for a morning walk & an evening stroll. Dadu, I'm waiting for that day as well.

Dadu getts worried if I don't sleep well during nights, if I cry a lot. He cares a lot for me and I do the same for him in my own sweet innocent ways.

Dadu, you are special to me and I love you !!

No comments: